When deciding which university to attend for the following four years, it is therefore valuable to visit the college you’re considering, if possible. I remember visiting lots of schools throughout the spring of my senior year and trying to imagine myself as a student on each campus. Just What would we eat at the dining hallway? Where would my classes be located? Who would my classmates, roommates, and buddies be? That I could truly see myself doing all of those things and more and still be myself for me, it finally clicked when I found a campus. I encourage all of our admitted students to take advantage of our admitted student programs throughout this next month to try to envision what your USC experience could be like.
Even although the National Candidate Reply Date isn’t until May 1, we curently have pupils asking, ‘Where do we sign the dotted line to attend USC?’ If (and hopefully when) you decide to come to USC, here’s an outline regarding the steps that are next becoming a full-fledged Trojan:
- Submit your Enrollment Commitment form and $300 deposit on line at USConnect.usc.edu.
- Apply for Financial Aid, if you haven’t already. Go to the Financial Aid section of our website to get more information on how to apply for educational funding.
- Submit your Housing application by May 1! Housing assignments are made based on the date you submitted your application, thus you’ve got a better chance to getting the sort of housing you want the sooner you apply. Even if you are perhaps not 100% sure you are visiting USC year that is next you’ll submit the housing application and $45 fee to put on your spot in line.
- Subscribe to attend Orientation over the summertime. Orientation is a chance that is great spending some time on campus learning about the resources, facilities, and possibilities you should have access to as an undergraduate. You’ll meet other admitted students and you’ll additionally sign up for courses with a scholastic advisor. You will be able to sign up for an Orientation program 5 7 company times after you submit your commitment deposit.
- Forward in your final school that is high and AP/IB exam results. USC awards college credit for most AP examinations with a rating of 4 or 5. USC also grants credit for each score of 5, 6 or 7 on the IB high rate exams. Browse our Office of Articulation website to see exactly what kind of credit USC grants for the AP that is various and exams.
If you have questions which are not covered in your admission packet or on our web site or blog, please contact your admission counselor. We are pleased to help answr fully your questions and can not wait to welcome you to USC!
USC: A Global Experience
USC prides itself on being a ‘Global University,’ but what exactly does which means that?
For starters, we have more international students than any institution that is private the nation (15% in last 12 months’s freshman class!). We believe having students from different countries around the world contributes to a learning that is positive by permitting for various viewpoints and opinions to be highlighted into the classroom.
Certain courses royal vegas casino live chat on their own are even designed around providing pupils with the chance to interact with pupils from other countries. A top Mexican university, as well as hear lectures by Mexican scholars via special videoconferencing software for example, Professor Pamela Starr in the Dornsife College teaches a class called International Relations 366: Mexico and its Relations with the U.S. In this course, USC students work collaboratively (via Skype) with students from ITAM.
USC additionally ranks sixth in the nation for sending students abroad. You can expect 54 programs in 29 countries, on every continent except Antarctica (perhaps someday!) Students can go abroad for a whole year for a complete immersion, or just for a semester. We also offer many summer programs if you don’t want to stay away from USC for too long. As an example, freshmen in the Marshall School of company have the opportunity to meet leaders in international business by traveling abroad for a 10-day system (past locations have actually included Shanghai, Beijing, Taiwan, and Argentina) through the LINC Program, and Dornsife pupils can boost their Spanish language abilities by spending a summer coping with a bunch family and using courses in Madrid, Spain. For more information about abroad programs, please visit our Office of Overseas Studies website.
Students also can do research abroad through programs such as for example Problems Without Passports. Problems Without Passports provides students with the possibility to combine inquiry-based research with international travel. For a weeks that are few students will remain on-campus and investigate an issue that is international in scope. They then travel to the certain area they are researching, allowing them to round out their learning with hands-on finding. This summer, dilemmas Without Passports programs are being offered in Rwanda, Brazil, and Cairo, simply to name a couple of!
In addition to study abroad opportunities, Trojans can feel connected around the world with our 20 alumni workplaces overseas. Of late, we have exposed an office in Sao Paolo, Brazil, where we’ve already started to increase brazilian researchers to our collaboration. With over 300,000 living alumni worldwide, USC will only continue to expand its international existence.
As we become an increasingly globalized culture, it really is imperative that our students are exposed to different cultures, in addition to obtaining the possibility to experience those cultures first-hand. We may be called the University of Southern California, but we are certainly a global place!